Raw milk gets a bad rap usually. Why? $$$ silly! You see farming is big industry these days. As is selling groceries.
Get the facts on raw milk: http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/Raw_Milk_FAQ.html
Food inflation is at its worst in 17 years: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/FoodInflationWorstInSeventeenYears.aspx
Pasteurization was originally designed for beer not milk. Sure pasteurization extends the shelf life of products like beer & milk but it also kills off beneficial nutrients & probiotics. The milk you buy at New Seasons, Fred Meyers, Whole Paycheck (Foods/whatever) has been out of that mama cow for many days to weeks on average. Gross, it is still old milk. Today's UHT pasteurized milk (totally sterilized) can last for months without refrigeration (many health benefits are lost due to UHT). Just to be clear, milk that has been pasteurized can no longer be considered 'raw.'
Have you ever followed the consumer price index website provided by the US gov't? Probably not because it is boring. Just in case here is the link: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm
Seasonally adjusted changes from preceding month Un- adjusted 12-mos. May June July Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. ended 2011 2011 2011 2011 2011 2011 2011 Nov. 2011 All items.................. .2 -.2 .5 .4 .3 -.1 .0 3.4 Food...................... .4 .2 .4 .5 .4 .1 .1 4.6 Food at home............. .5 .2 .6 .6 .6 .1 -.1 5.9 Food away from home (1).. .2 .3 .2 .4 .2 .2 .3 2.9 Energy.................... -1.0 -4.4 2.8 1.2 2.0 -2.0 -1.6 12.4 Energy commodities....... -1.9 -6.3 4.3 1.6 2.7 -2.9 -2.1 19.9 Gasoline (all types).... -2.0 -6.8 4.7 1.9 2.9 -3.1 -2.4 19.7 Fuel oil (1)............ -.8 -2.2 -1.7 -.4 -.7 -.5 2.7 25.0 Energy services.......... .6 -1.1 .4 .4 .7 -.4 -.7 1.7 Electricity............. .8 -1.6 .8 -.1 .7 .4 .4 2.7 Utility (piped) gas service.............. -.3 .4 -1.2 2.2 .8 -3.0 -4.4 -1.3 All items less food and energy................. .3 .3 .2 .2 .1 .1 .2 2.2 Commodities less food and energy commodities.... .5 .5 .3 .4 -.2 -.1 .1 2.2 New vehicles............ 1.1 .6 .0 .0 .0 -.3 -.3 3.3 Used cars and trucks.... 1.1 1.6 .7 .9 -.6 -.6 -.1 4.9 Apparel................. 1.2 1.4 1.2 1.1 -1.1 .4 .6 4.8 Medical care commodities (1).................. .0 -.1 .0 .1 .2 .3 .2 3.1 Services less energy services.............. .2 .1 .2 .2 .2 .2 .2 2.1 Shelter................. .2 .2 .3 .2 .1 .2 .2 1.8 Transportation services .1 -.3 -.1 .2 .5 .1 .1 2.6 Medical care services... .3 .3 .3 .3 .2 .5 .5 3.5
Good news, you can still buy fresh raw milk & raw milk products like cheese in Oregon!
As of 1/7/2012 here is the list of farms which carry raw milk and milk products in Oregon.
- Albany: Midway Farms 6980 Highway 20 NW Albany, OR 97321 (541)740-6141 www.midwayfarmsoregon.com. Red Holstein cow milked by hand fed organic grass & a large variety of organic greens for health such as mustard, dandelion, arugala and stored winter
- Beavercreek: Northwest Nutrition, Farmer Kevin, 20771 S Upper Highland Rd, Beavercreek OR, Phone: (503) 632-8761, Email: email@example.com. Two Jersey cows fed alfalfa, orchard grass, and pasture, rotational grazing. Milk, cream, yogurt, corn/soy-free eggs.
- Bend: Tumbleweed Farm is a small family farm raising Nubian and Nubian cross dairy goats. Their goats are treated with the utmost of care and we adhere to strict milk handling principles resulting in a delicious, creamy milk with no goaty taste. They are fed alfalfa pellets, grass hay and whole oats on the milkstand. Raw milk is available for pick up in half gallon glass jars. Milk is $6.00 a gallon with a $5.00 jar deposit. They offer in limited quanities to their goat customers yogurt, soft cheese, kefir, and buttermilk. They also raise meat chickens, turkey, pork, free range eggs, all natural vegetable soaps, and spinnable fiber. Their goal is always to provide high quality feed and care for our animals resulting in a superior product. Visitors are always welcome on the farm! Contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bend/Prineville (and surrounding areas within 150 miles): Windy Acres Dairy has Herd Shares for sale to support their pasture raised Raw Dairy Farm. A Herd Share is like a CSA in that you pay a monthly fee to support the farm. When you own a share of the herd you own a share of their product. This farm has been producing incredibly delicious, raw cow's milk for over 5 years and has been a certified Grade A Dairy. Windy Acres Dairy also raises butcher beef, pork and lamb seasonally and has free range eggs. No hormones, antibiotic feed or petrochemical fertilizer on the pasture. The cows graze freely and in the winter they feed grass hay as the grass doesn't grow in the winter. Come visit the farm to check it all out or help with the milking, but please call first as this is Ms. Billie's home. If you cannot get in touch with Billie, you may call Allison in Bend at (541) 408-1494 to answer your questions immediately. Windy Acres Dairy Farm, Ms. Billie Johnson, 3320 NW Stahancyk Lane, Prineville, OR 97754, (541) 447-5389, email: email@example.com , website: www.windyacresdairyfarm.4t.com.
- Boring, Clackamas County: Mt. Hood Farm has 100% Jersey, Elaine, (our girl), who is hand and machine milked. She is pasture fed but in winter supplemented w/alfalfa and orchard grass. She has a high cream line and great fresh tasting milk. Cow milk is $7 a gallon, and $3 a dozen for free range eggs available at first come, first serve. Please call Lisa @ 503-896-8013.
- Buxton: Healing Ponds Farm is located above Buxton, Oregon on just under 40 acres. They sell 100% grass-fed, organically raised, raw Jersey cows' milk. They also have organically raised Toggenburg goats' milk and fresh, pastured eggs. These are available at the farm, by herd share or by prearrangement at their pickup location in Beaverton, Oregon, 7 days a week. They also have chickens, turkeys, sheep, cows and pigs available for butcher. All are 100% pastured and organically raised. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find them online at ludemans.wordpress.com. Like them on Facebook at "Ludeman's Farm & Garden Center, and Healing Ponds Farm." You can also follow them on Twitter @ludemansfarm.
- Cheshire: Cheryl Smith, Mystic Acres Farm, 22711 Hwy 36, Cheshire OR 97419. Email: email@example.com . Raw Goat Milk sold from the farm. We have Nigerian Dwarf and Oberian Dairy Goats. Milk is available from April through November.
- Corvallis: Raw goat milk (licensed) from Ferns' Edge Dairy is now also available at First Alternative Coop in Corvallis, Oregon.
- Creswell: Evan and Rachel from The Boondocker's Farm, www.BoondockersNaturals.com, Cell (775)544-7722, Home(541)689-0881. They are a small organic farm specializing in endangered adaptive/productive livestock and rare heirloom vegetables. Their farm is Animal Welfare approved which means their animals are raised with the highest level of care in an ideal environment, pasture! Cow shares are now available for their Dutch Belted cow, Cookie. Individual sales on a first come first serve basis. She comes from a certified organic dairy and is fed only grass, no grain supplements! Milk from a Dutch Belted is high in protein and has exceptionally small fat globules making it easier to digest, many say it has a soothing effect. Dutch Belted's are a breed in need of conservation, they are critically endangered as listed by the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy with a global population of only 2,000.
- Creswell: Woodham Farms is located 15 miles south of Eugene in Creswell Oregon. Selling raw cow milk for $3.00 per half gallon and A $2.00 deposit for the jar. They also sell fresh eggs most of the year. Phone 541-895-4142
- Crow (SW of Eugene): Polyrock Ranch and Dairy, Co-owned by Deborah Mattson and Nicole King, 84402 Territorial Rd. Eugene OR 97405, (541) 485-3359: is located 13 Southwest of Eugene. They raise registered Jerseys and have been selling raw milk from the property for the past 8 years. Milk consistently tastes great and has exceptional butter fat quantity. They have up to three cows milking year round for a steady supply of fresh raw milk. Milk is sold at $6 per gallon and you may order as much as like on a weekly basis. Fresh eggs and Spring and Fall beef are also available for purchase. Featuring- Lost Creek CSA in the summer of 2009!!!!
- Dallas: Summit Farms 2425 Mountain view Drive. For more information call 541 296 8255 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They specialize in cross-breed dairy goats-Saanen, Nubian and LaMancha crosses for hybrid vigor and to attempt to incorporate the best qualities of each breed. Their goats are on native grasses most of the year. Alfalfa pellets and hay during the rest of the year when the grass is not palatable. Supplemented with grain. They offer fresfresh, raw milk daily.
- Dallas: The Carlson family's Fairview Farm goat dairy is now state licensed and selling raw milk aged cheeses from pastured goats. New website is: www.fairviewfarmdairy.com . Minimum order for mail order is one pound. They sell cheese, free-range organic eggs, and berries from their farmstand self-serve refrigerator. Email at:email@example.com , or call (503)623-4744.
- Dallas (30 minutes west of Salem): Mary Cate Bassett, River Ridge Farm, phone (503) 623-9735, firstname.lastname@example.org . The goats are on pasture, fed hay, and are given freshly sprouted grain at milking. Free-range poultry also fed on sprouted grain. Raw goat milk and eggs available, as well as grass-fed meat: chicken, duck, goose, turkey and goat. (Must reserve animal before processing.) Kefir grain free upon request.
- Elmira: Ellsworth Hobby Farm, 25450 Arnold Lane Elmira, OR 97437, (541) 912-1188. Raw milk from one Jersey cow - she is fed only field grass, alfalfa hay and at milking corn oats barley. Milk is processed with strict cleanliness, $6.00 per gallon - please supply your own jar.
- Eugene: Capella's in in Eugene is carrying raw goat milk from Ferns' Edge Dairy, Lowell, OR 97452.
- Eugene: Paula and Mike Pfeiffer at 89989 Green Hill Rd Eugene Oregon 97402. Phone (541) 912 7268 email@example.com . Their cows are A2A2 tested and sale only A2 milk. They do not feed soy or corn ,cows get small amount of water soaked oats/barley mixed at milking along with kelp ,diamond v yeast ,diatomaceous earth , molasses, and apple cider vinegar. The cows are Guernsey ,jersey or milking shorthorn. Cows have grass year around. No antibiotics or hormones given. Very clean environment, dish washer, stainless steel sink, enclosed processing milk room away from cows, cats, and dogs. They are 2 miles off hwy 99 on Clearlake and Green Hill rd close to Eugene, Oregon airport .Please Bring Glass jars ,(half gallon or gallon wide mouth) or pay jar deposit of $2.50 on each jar Milk is $8.00 a gallon
- Eugene: Living Earth Farm on Fir Butte Rd, only 20 minutes west of downtown Eugene, Sharon and Jim Blick, (541) 683-4635, www.TheLivingEarthFarm.com Fresh raw milk from Nubian goats. Moved every 5 days to fresh organic pasture, supplemented with a little grain and alfalfa. Raised humanely and naturally: kids are allowed to nurse, no chemical wormers, antibiotics, or hormones. Certified Predator Friendly. Clean milking environment and technique, rapid cooling, no goat odor.
- Eugene: Sundance Natural Foods in Eugene is carrying raw goat milk from Ferns' Edge Dairy, Lowell, OR 97452
- Eugene/Roseburg/Central Oregon: Wholesome Family Farm is a Jersey herdshare operation with several drop sites in Lane, Douglas, and Deschutes counties. With a purchase in their herd you receive either milk, cream, or butter. For more information, contact Joe Bray, Wholesomefamilyfarm@gmail.com phone (541) 525-9150, web:wholesomefamilyfarm.com, Facebook: facebook.com/wholesomefamilyfarm
- Eugene/Springfield: (Mohawk Valley) Thorn and Thistle Farm. Mary and Dan Malaby (541) 741-7172,firstname.lastname@example.org . Raw Jersey and goat milk. Free range chicken eggs.
- Grants Pass: Mitchells Farm, milks Holstien and Jersey with all natural products. They are located in Grants Pass or about 2 miles from town owned and operated by Justin and Amanda Mitchell. They sell raw honey raw milk eggs and awer own grown produce. Product availability is dependent on the time of year. depending on time of year. $6.00 a gallon for milk and have many openings, contact us for more information, 541-476-3306.
- Grants Pass/Medford: James and Heather Romanek Happy Cow Permaculture Farm, 2446 Hugo Road Merlin, OR 97532, phone: (541) 479-1354. They sell Jersey/Brown Swiss cow milk for $8.00/gallon and feed Mama Cow certified organic alfalfa.
- Gresham: Child's Family Farm: See C'est Naturelle Farms, Mollala, Oregon. We are a full-service "beyond-organic" sustainable farm providing herd shares for raw milk, butter, eggs, broilers, pork, vegetables and fruits, herbs and honey with drop-off locations throughout the Portland Metro area. Childs Family Farms has become a drop point for east side customers. See our website at cestnaturellefarms.com for more information.
- Halfway (in Eastern Oregon 5 miles form the boarder of Idaho): Lone Fir Dairy, 46720 Lone Fir Road, Halfway OR 97834, (541) 742-7612, email@example.com , No website yet. Proud to be selling raw milk to the local town. Email or call - don't be afraid to leave a message as they are usually out tending to the farm and the animals - for more information.
- Halsey: Lake View Farm 29540 Crook Drive Halsey, OR 97348. Andy Walton 541-409-4497 (cell), 541-369-2393 (farm office), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . They have been marketing their Real Milk and related dairy products for 12 years through Oregon's first cow share program, since 1998. Pastured broilers, turkeys, beef, pork and lamb.
- Hillsboro Oregon and Clatskanie: Barefoot Farm & Flowers www.barefootfarmandflowers.com (503)740-8229. They are a small family farm and offer fresh raw cow milk from our Milking Short Horn and Jerseys. They never feed any grain. Their cows are grass fed only with grass hay, alfalfa and alfalfa pellets. They use rotational grazing. Their fields are never sprayed with any chemicals. Milk is provided to our herd share members in glass half gallon jars. $10 herd share membership.
- Junction City: Brian and Jodee Schack. They are located between Junction City and Harrisburg just off of 99E on noraton rd we are milking 1 jersey cow and working on expanding. Email brianschack1@hotmail , website:http://sites.google.com/site/moomanorg/. They feed natural grains alfalfa grass hay and grass. They welcome visitors to go and see their setup and if you want to see the milking process. Milk is $6 a gallon. They sell fresh raw milk and a limited number of eggs.
- Lorane: Ellen Chanterelle, Pennyroyal Nubians, Lorane,OR. (541) 942-3437, email@example.com . Healthy, well cared for herd of Nubian goats producing sweet, clean milk. Excellent cheese-making milk due to the high protein and fat levels. Goats are fed high quality alfalfa, orchard grass hay, browse, and a hand mixed grain ration containing no additives of any kind. They have free choice kelp meal, baking soda, and fresh water at all times, as well as a large pasture for exercise. Milk is available at the farm in quart increments, for $2.50 quart, and customer must provide own clean bottles. Lorane is located 22 miles southwest of Eugene, and is a beautiful, easy 35 minute drive from Eugene.
- Medford/Roseburg: Mini Nubian Dairy Goats and Hair Sheep herds. Farm borders National Forest. "Raising Goats Naturally" and "Homesteading for Conscious Living" hands on workshops. Camping and no-hook-up RV site available. Share farm facilities for healing retreats. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- McMinnville: - Top quality Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats producing excellent milk for crafts & cheese making. The Nigerian Dwarf milk has a higher butterfat content than milk from full size dairy goats & cows, usually a 5% to 10% butterfat. This makes Nigerian Dwarf goat milk excellent for cheese & soap making. Their milk is quickly chilled after milking each doe to ensure freshness, then frozen in individual quart size Ziploc bags for the crafters convenience. They can also quick-chill raw milk into glass jars by request. Milk is available from late February 2010 into the fall/winter months. Visit the website for more info: http://bellafirefarm.webs.com/ (Oregon Law states: Raw goat milk sales are legal on the farm and in retail stores. No permit is necessary for farmers with no more than nine producing goats who sell the milk on the farm directly to the consumer.)
- Molalla: Fresh goat milk from happy healthy Oberhalsi and Toggenburg high production does. The goats are raised on high quality alfalfa and grass hay and some browse. Fresh milk is available daily. Lots of milk to share at this time. Call before coming. Located near Molalla city. (503) 829-9928
- Molalla: Raw Cows Milk -- BlueBerry Sunrise Farm, just minutes from Oregon City. Their Jersey Cows are on 20 acres of pasture. They are fed all natural local grass hay and a small amount of fresh milled grain. They have 35 years of experience milking. Some butter, cream and eggs also available at times. Milk is $8.00 a gallon.(in glass jars), If you are interested in a serious commitment to raw milk please contact us at 503-380-0084 firstname.lastname@example.org. They also provide customer references.
- Molalla: C'est Naturelle Farms, 30273 S. Hwy 213, Molalla, OR 97038: Raw Milk Dairy Herd Shares available (as of August 2010 taking new customers, but space is limited!). Herd share membership fee is $10. Their cows (a mixture of Jersey's and Guernsey's) are pasture-fed, with alfalfa and some sprouted grains at milking. They feed 100% sprouted grains to all of their livestock which include: laying hens, broilers, cows, and pigs. If you are interested in becoming a part owner of their dairy herd please contact them at email@example.com or visit them on the web atwww.cestnaturellefarms.com or www.realfoodfarming.com . They have a host of naturally grown products which they deliver weekly throughout the Portland Metro area.
- Monroe: Danielle and Hailey Baldwin, Baldwin Family Farm, 24615 Alpine Rd, Monroe OR. 97456. Phone: (541)-285-0392 e-mail: BFFBaldwinFamilyFarm@gmail.com. Fresh raw Goats milk from healthy Alpine and Nubian dairy goats. Goats are on pasture and fed Alfalfa pellets and grain while milking. Milk has great flavor no goaty taste. Milk is avaiable at the farm in quart or half gallon jars. $4.00 half gal plus 2.00 jar deposit or bring own jars.
- Oregon City: Abernathy Creek Farm. This picturesque 10 acre farm, located five minutes from I-205 at the Oregon City exit, Only produces Grass-Fed Certified A2/A2 milk from their 100% Guernsey herd. Guernsey's are known for their incredible tasting golden colored milk (from extra high Beta-Carotene levels). Their ultra high quality milk is sold only in glass bottles. Pastured Eggs are also available. Milk and eggs are available for pick up 24 hours a day in their farm store. Phone: 503-342-8561, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oregon City/ Redland: Old School Farm, owner John and Joanne Graf, 19360 S Henrici Rd, Oregon City. (503) 705-5637, email@example.com . They are a small family farm with raw milk from their stress free Jersey cows. They are pasture fed with the addition of alfalfa/grass mix and local organic grain at milking only. All animals are hormone and antibiotic free. Milk comes in sterile plastic milk jugs or you are welcome to supply your own glass. Each gallon is dated to ensure freshness. Adults and children alike are welcome to visit the cows, chickens and horses. Please call ahead to make sure they are there.
- Philomath: Fern Rd., Vince Romano, 579-709-2889 firstname.lastname@example.org . Raw milk, cow shares from pasture fed, Jersey cows.
- Philomath: Lonsway Farm sells Raw milk and various Cheeses. For more information contact them by Phone: 541-929-5605, or Email: email@example.com
- Portland: Only 15 minutes from Portland, Cream Valley Farm offers grass fed raw milk. The milk comes in glass jars to keep it as pure as it can be and it is also A2/A2 certified. Email inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 503-688-7040
- Portland: Abita Springs Farm, Fresh daily, pure, whole goat's milk raw or pasteurized, fresh or frozen. Enjoy the benefits of good, quality milk from this high production herd of Alpine dairy goats. $5 per half-gallon in new recyclable plastic, or bring your own container. The girls are happy, healthy, free-range, urban goats. Well fed on natural pasture browse, dairy quality alfalfa and grass hay. Their grain is custom blended and they have free-choice access to sea kelp mineral supplement. Convenient to the greater Portland-Metro area, close to PDX airport. Visitors are always welcome to learn how to milk and enjoy the antics of the spring kids. Evening milking begins about 6pm, year round. Please, clothing and footwear should be appropriate for the barnyard. Contact: Ed and Nancy Arcement, (503) 287-7773.
- Portland: People's Coop is carrying raw goat milk from Ferns' Edge Dairy, Lowell, OR 97452.
- Portland: Bags Dairy Goats, 9127 NE Thompson Street, near the airport. Mr. Raspberry No phone. I have Nubian dairy goats. Nubians produce rich flavorful tasting milk. Occasional animals and animal products available. Please contact owner by e-mail at email@example.com for more information.
- Portland: Windy Acres Dairy Farm operates out of Prineville, Oregon and now has Herd Shares for sale in the Portland area to support their pasture raised Raw Dairy Farm. A Herd Share is like a CSA in that you pay a monthly fee to support the farm. When you own a share of the herd you own a share of their product. This farm has been producing incredibly delicious, raw cow's milk for over 5 years and has been a certified Grade A Dairy. Windy Acres Dairy also raises butcher beef, pork and lamb seasonally and has free range eggs. No hormones, antibiotic feed or petrochemical fertilizer on the pasture. The cows graze freely and in the winter they feed grass hay as the grass doesn't grow in the winter. Come visit the farm to check it all out or help with the milking, but please call first as this is Ms. Billie's home. Please contact Allison at 541-408-1494 in Portland to answer your questions immediately. Windy Acres Dairy Farm, Ms. Billie Johnson, 3320 NW Stahancyk Lane, Prineville, OR 97754, (541) 447-5389, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.windyacresdairyfarm.4t.com (a work in progress).
- Portland/Vancouver: Cornerstone Farm is located 20 minutes from SE Portland in Eagle Creek, check the website for directions: www.MyCornerstoneFarm.com or email Jaci Delgado at email@example.com or call 503-630-7281. Car Pool 'Group' sign-up available at the Farm for Portland/Vancouver area residents. Jersey Cows and Mini-Nubian Goats get the best nutrition has to offer, 30 acres of free choice grass, the purist mountain water available and the finest volcanic mineral rich Eastern Oregon Orchard Grasses and Alfalfa. They receive minimal grain with "no" soy or canola oils. There is nothing these animals get that would compromise the quality of their milk in anyway...no antibiotics, no hormones...nothing! Cow milk is $5 for ½ gallon and goat milk is $7 for ½ gallon...when available. Visitors from out-of-town orders are welcome. Mini-Nubian bucks, does, and kids available, show-quality in conformation and milk production, 3rd to 6th generation. Prices start at $250, available year around in all colors and legal to own in the city of Portland. A2A2 milk offered 10/2011.
- Rainier: Deliciously sweet Nubian goat milk. Fresh in gallons or frozen in quarts. $15 per gallon. Gallon jar deposit: $5 each. Quart jar deposit: $1 each. Email inquiries at Tanushka@integrity.com . Also farm fresh, free range eggs--$4 per dozen.
- Redmond: Great Adventure Farm is a family owned farm, raising show quality, registered Alpine dairy goats in Redmond Oregon. They have raw goat milk available daily (1 day notice) chilled and bottled in new, sterile plastic milk jugs. Sold by the half gallon, discounts are available for quantities over 3 gallons per week or for feeder milk. firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Rogue River: Runnymede Farm, 1831 West Evans Creek Road, Arthur & Teri White, (541) 582-6193,email@example.com , Raw cows milk available. Must be a member of the current customer list. Call to get on the list.
- Rogue River: Premium quality raw goat milk from a small family farm focused on sustainability. Nubian and nubian cross goats are fed a diet of organic grain and no-spray hay. They have access to a free choice mineral buffet and pens/ paddocks are rotated for the optimum health of the animals and the land. The goats are raised and managed naturally using herbs and homeopathy for wholistic care. $6 per half gallon. Sold in glass masons. Return their jars or bring your own to fill. Located 3 miles from Rogue River, 7 miles south of Grants Pass, Oregon off Hwy. 99. Emailgoatgrll@yahoo.com or call Brittany (541) 531-8465
- Salem: Good Earth Farm and Nutritional Healing, Linda Ellis, NTP, Owner. 5141 Vitae Springs Rd. So. Salem, OR 97306. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (503) 606-2035. Raw milk available from Jersey cow. Call to arrange visit.
- Sandy: Pokrov Farm, A family run 35 acre farm that specializes in pastured Angus beef and raw milk from jersey cows. All of their jerseys are purchased from a certified organic dairy in Yamhill. They are fed, grass, hay and alfalfa along with free access to Thorvin Kelp for a complete mineral, now offer grain to our dairy cows while they're being milked. They are never fed any grain, even during milking. Milk is $10 a gallon and comes in two half gallon glass jars with a $3.00 deposit per jar. You are also welcome to bring your own jars to avoid the deposit. They also offer beef shares of either 1/4, 1/2 or a whole beef based on hanging weight (deposit required). Their beef cows are also never fed grain. They eat only grass and hay. They have have corn and soy free eggs all year and pastured turkeys and geese. Closed Sundays and are open Mon-Sat 9-6pm. Contact for prices, 971-269-9411 or email@example.com . They are a herd share now. Herd share members can buy whole milk, cream, butter, buttermilk etc. Visit them online at www.pokrovfarm.com
- Scotts Mills: Indian Springs Farm, Barbara (503) 873-4136. Jersey milk and butter, from grass-fed cows, and cheesemaking information.
- Sherwood: Shiloh Knoll Farm, offers raw cow’s milk from their grass-based dairy. Milk is $5 per half gallon, $10 per gallon, no deposit necessary if you bring your own glass half gallon mason jars, otherwise there is a $1.50 deposit per jar. Their certified organic stock Jerseys (two are A2/A2, if you wish to avoid the A1 casein due to sensitivity issues) are fed on 5 acres of pasture, premium Eastern OR hay/alfalfa, free choice kelp/salt, with a little custom milled organic grain (includes barley, wheat, and minerals - NO corn or soy) during milking. The animals are not given antibiotics, hormones, or conventional medications. If there is a health need they are first treated with nature’s powerful herbal remedies. Those at Shiloh Knoll Farm are dedicated to raising healthy animals on a natural diet and preserving the land by managed intensive grazing methods. Folks are always welcome to come visit the farm by appointment and see all the animals, including calves, pigs, and chickens! Please e-mail Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503-628-0748.
- Springfield: Fresh, raw goat milk from Alpine and Nubian goats. $7/gallon. Sanitary, rapid cooling, leaving superior taste with no goaty flavor. Fertiilized, free range chicken eggs. Three Willows Ranch on Camp Creek Road in Walterville. Jean McClain (541)747-9296.
- Tenmile: Nevermore Nubians has Fresh, raw Nubian goat milk. For more information contact Pamela Barrows by phone 541-784-2305 or email email@example.com.
- Tumalo (Bend/Redmond area): MoonFire Farm is a Family operated Farmstead. MoonFire Farm raises, Boer Meat goats and Alpine Dairy Goats. Raw Milk available seasonally. Clean hormone free Goat, Rabbit and pork meat available seasonally and by reservation. We raise healthy Hormone free NZ Rabbits for meat and breeding stock, we produce a litter of Guinea Hogs each year for meat and breeding stock, and we have a couple meat goats each year we sell, first come first serve with a deposit. Please see website: www.moonfirefarm.com or email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Waldport (Central Oregon Coast): Fresh from the Farm...No Antibiotics - No Hormones Added - Cows Milk and Grass Fed Beef. Triple D Ranch, Debbie Hodel-Ostling, (541) 563-3769 or (541) 270-4284, E-mail:email@example.com , on the web www.tripledranchs.com
- Weston: Name-Pine Ridge Farm, Vicky Anglin, 57246 Hwy 204, Weston, Or. 97886. Phone: (541) 566-9412, firstname.lastname@example.org , website:www.smallfarmshare.com . Goat Shares, Veggie, fruit, egg and poultry shares. Pork, rabbit and goat meat.
- Williams: Turkey Feather Farm, (541) 846-6246, Visit www.turkeyfeatherfarm.com or email@example.com . Fresh raw milk from our Alpines.
- Willamina (west of Salem just off of HWY 22 and southwest of McMinnville just off of HWY 18): The Rinehart Family. 22400 SW Willamina Creek Rd, Willamina, OR 97396. Having quality food for the family is why they started raising goats over 10 years ago. The Rinehart Farm is home of King's Daughter Nubians and Dancing Cabrero Meat Goats. Both herds are CAE and CLA free (also no brucellosis or Johnes). The Rineharts often have breeding stock and an occassional family milker for sale. The Nubians are fed alfalfa and a grain ration that the Rineharts mix themselves to assure no corn and no GMO grain. If interested, send an email or call and ask about availability. The Rineharts specialize in mentoring others who want to raise their own goats. You can even learn how to milk a goat while there. They also have free range eggs to sell. For an appointment or more information, please contact by email: email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-876-8768.
- Wilsonville: Foundation Farm, Phone/Text: 503-989-4779, Email: email@example.comLocated in the Stafford Road area of N. Wilsonville with easy access from the I-5 and 205 freeways. Raw milk from Jersey cows along with corn/soy-free eggs from pastured hens. Other animals include a llama and alpaca (who eat out of your hand) and turkeys. Call/email for prices and directions.
- Yamhill: (20 miles southwest of Portland): Kookoolan Farms, Chrissie and Koorosh Zaerpoor, 15713 Highway 47, Yamhill, OR 97148. They have three registered jersey cows from certified organic stock, the breed known for sweetest-tasting, highest-butterfat milk. Cows are grass, alfalfa and clover fed, with grain offered only in the milking parlor. Raw cow milk offered year-round, $11/gallon. There is currently no waitlist. Kookoolan Farms no longer offers goat milk. Cow only. Koorosh is an equipment engineer at Intel, and Chrissie is formerly a quality and reliability engineer at Intel: immaculate milking parlor with stainless steel sink and counter, sanitizing dishwasher, and hot water heater. Milk tested daily with California Mastitis Test, and weekly by outside lab for somatic cell count (generally in the low 100s, always less than 1000, the dairy page of the website is password-protected due to the no advertising law in Oregon, you can access it with username moo and password doitraw). Also available pasture-fed, naturally-raised chickens both for eggs and for meat slaughtered at their own on-farm, licensed, state-inspected poultry processing facility - one of only four farms in the state of Oregon with licensed on-farm processing. Kookoolan Farms is also the only Portland-area Cheesemaking supply house, with full line of cultures, rennets, thermometers, cheesecloth, wrapping papers, lipase, etc. Cheesemaking, breadmaking, milk culturing and other classes offered frequently. Self-service farmstore open daily 8am-6pm, please call for your first appointment only and after that you're welcome to shop whenever you like. All animals are raised on open pasture. Call (503) 730-7535, or emailKookoolan@gmail.com , website www.kookoolanfarms.com
For more information on diet, nutrition, healing and exercise you can contact the Drs. Pierce at:
our Chiropractic First, llc & The Bicycle Chiropractor clinic locations:222 SE 8th Ave. Portland, OR 97214 503-236-0013 www.thebicyclechiropractor.com
12820 SW 2nd St. Beaverton, OR 97005 503-626-5761 www.c1pdx.com